Creating a single property website that links directly back to your personal information is a smart idea for sharing in social media, eMail, eMedia and other types of web sharing. Remember to share it with your sellers too. Encourage them to share it with their Facebook and IRL friends too. The more the merrier.
To make the sharing easier, a custom URL is ideal. It’s inexpensive and easy. Or, pretty easy. If you need help, you can go see Linsey and she’ll happily help you. Let’s walk through it.
- Go to Godaddy.com and find out if the address is available as a domain. For example, 123MainStreet.com. *Bonus Pro Tip: Google ‘GoDaddy Promo code’ and look for a discount to apply at the checkout. Sometime you can buy the domain for as little as $2.
- Once you have purchased your domain, go to ‘Domains’ in you GoDaddy account. Click ‘Manage’ as shown below.
- Locate your domain, and click the small gear to go into the settings for that domain as shown here.
- Go to Domain Details as shown below.
- Look for the section Forwarding.
- Select ‘Add Forwarding’.
- Open a new window in your browser. Go to your Gary Greene website, and go to your listings.
- Click on the listing that you are going to use, and copy the URL as shown here.
- Return to the GoDaddy tab that is still open in your browser. You’ll see a place where it says, ‘Forward To’. Paste in the link you copied from your website with your listings URL address. Make sure to go to the beginning of the link and delete the http:// that will be there. Simply then click ‘ADD’ and you are done.
- Please allow about 15 minutes to see your listing come up when you type in the domain you bought.
- Email the link to your seller and encourage them to share it with friends and family in an email and/or social media.
Easy, right? Nice work!
We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are. ~Oprah Winfrey