Maintaining a fully completed LinkedIn Profile is an important element in creating a professional online presence. Take Action.
Step ONE: Join LinkedIn
Last Reviewed: 08/14/2013
To join LinkedIn and create your profile:
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/reg/join.
- Type your first name, last name, email address and a password you will use. Note: You must use your true name when creating a profile. Company names and pseudonyms are not allowed, as we explain in our User Agreement.
- Click Join LinkedIn.
- Complete any additional steps as prompted.
- Learn more if you get a message that says your email address is already registered.
Step Two: Fully Complete your LinkedIn Profile – Overview and Settings
Last Reviewed: 11/03/2014
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Click Edit next to the URL under your profile photo. It will be an address likewww.linkedin.com/in/yourname.
- Click the button next to “Make my public profile visible to everyone“. Your basic information displays by default.
- Check or uncheck the boxes to select which additional sections you’d like to display. The changes take effect immediately and you’ll be able to see them reflected on the page. Click View your public profile to see the full page. You may need to reload that page to see the changes you have made.
Step Three: Inviting or Connecting with People on LinkedIn
Last Reviewed: 08/05/2014
Only after your LinkedIn Profile is fully complete, invite people to connect from the Add Connections page and LinkedIn will securely search your email address book to find contacts.